Partner: Antall József Knowledge Centre
Event date: Mar 31, 2015 - Mar 25, 2015
Deadline for registering: Mar 30, 2015
Venue: European Parliament József Antall Building, JAN 6Q1 (60 rue Wiertz, B-1047 Bruxelles, Belgium), Hungary
Concept of the conference
As the opening event of the Variations on Europe conference series, the subject of the symposium will be commemorative and relevant at the same time. By launching the symposium, the Antall József Knowledge Centre wishes to commemorate those iconic politicians and thinkers who contributed to the initiation and the shaping of the European integration with remarkable achievements.
With the help of the respective chairmen and directors of the foundations named after them, the symposium will recall the visions of Konrad Adenauer, Jean Monnet, Alcide de Gasperi, and Robert Schuman about the future of Europe. The ideas discussed will include the vision of European unity, the evaluation of the successes and doubts of the past 25 years, as well as the possible challenges ahead of the common European future. As the closing accord of the symposium, a ceremony to inaugurate the bust of Prime Minister József Antall will take place in the József Antall Building of the European Parliament.
10.00 - Registration
11.00-11.30 Opening Remarks
- Joseph Daul (President of the European People's Party)
- József Szájer (Vice-Chair of the Group of the European People's Party
- András Gyürk (Head of the Hungarian EPP delegation to the European Parliament)
11.30-13.00 Thoughts on Europe - The Legacy of the Founding Fathers in the Europe of Today
- Hans-Gert Pöttering (Chairman of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung)
- Jacques Santer (President of the Robert Schuman Foundation)
- Franco Frattini (President of the Italian Society for International Organisations)
- José Maria Gil-Robles (President of the Jean Monnet Foundation for Europe)
- Mikuláš Dzurinda (President of the Martens Centre for European Studies)
- chair: Péter Györkös (Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Hungary, Permanent Representative (Coreper II)
13.00-13.30 Inaguration ceremony opened by Mrs József Antall (Founder of the Antall József Knowledge Centre) and Gergely Gulyás (Deputy Speaker of the Hungarian National Assembly)
... More information
Feb 22, 2018
The Prague Centre for Transatlantic Relations of the CEVRO Institute (PCTR) in cooperation with International Institute for Counter-Terrorism (ICT) invite you to a public debate called “Wars in the Middle East”. The event will take place on February 22, 2
No results for this time.
No results for this time.
Get the latest updates from IRSEC Hub partners right to your inbox.×